Friday, May 22, 2009

Zami: The Reminder

What strikes me so so deeply about Audre's vision is her determination to find the ways of really holding on to her deepest emotions and not turn away from them. Zami is a testament and chronicle of that journey. The reality of how excruciating and rewarding that choice is to really face and open yourself to that pain and to real feeling and love. I know in the stronger moments of my life when I have confronted some of my deepest wounds have been also the most strengthening and brought the most insight.As you get closer deeper ones surface; fully enforced by the beliefs you have about yourself, that the world has about you, trying their hardest to undermine your power. With each conquered battle you get closer to the centre of yourself, where your true power flows. This is the place to act from. When you sit right at the core of yourself, your in the best position to see the injustices in the World and act.

No comments:

Post a Comment